Sunday, April 14, 2013

On the spot narration

The lovely bones upon the shelf
tell a story about myself. 
Gaping sockets and knobby knees
share a space with hips and teeth. 
I love my bones out on display 
amidst my large book array. 
While my fiancé races in a game
and sits and talks of life and shame
I lay and watch imaginary cars
and dream of broken, burning stars. 
Death and light and dark and life
make me an odd, eclectic wife. 
He loves me despite how weird
my opinions are on cats and beards. 
And I love him and his opinions too
because his are different and new. 
He fetches me juice in a Hulk glass
and I pretend that we have class
because its bubbly and fruity 
yellow and crisp. My cutey
goes back to racing his Chevy 
and I let out a sigh that's heavy. 
It's been a long day at church
but fulfilling and without a lurch. 
The evening comes and we race together
because as a team we can weather
any storm that comes our way 
as long as we take the time to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment